Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Mantel

Just let me tell you.  It is really difficult to decorate a mantel that has a huge television hanging directly above it.  Not our brightest design idea, for sure, but it's up there so what's a girl to do?  Well, this girl stresses constantly about decorating her mantel without interfering with the TV screen and also not drawing too much attention to the TV at the same time.  Make sense?  Anyhow, here is my mantel decorated for Spring...







I placed some orchid stems in the shell and printed out a bee graphic from The Graphics Fairy's website, placed some rattan balls among my milk glass vases/candleholders and called it a day. Free and done in a jiffy.

Eventually, I would love to have our television  on top of the cabinets to the left of the fireplace, but for now it's not moving, according to my husband.


I am getting excited about planning/planting our raised bed gardens and decorating our porch and deck as soon as it warms up outside.  Hurry up, warmer weather!

Linking up to Centsational Girl's Fair Weather Forum!

Sara

4 comments:

  1. Very simple and timeless. Beautiful room too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job. I agree, that is not an easy mantel to decorate, however I love your big shell and your vignette. Perfect. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful decorating job for having limited height space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following your blog for a while - I love it! I just passed on the Kreativ Blogger Award to you - details in my blog (http://prettycitythings.blogspot.com/2011/06/kreativ-blogger-award-yo.html).
    Lizzie from Pretty City Things

    ReplyDelete