Thursday, March 3, 2011

Anthropologie Necklace Knock-off

Yesterday morning, while perusing the entries at My Backyard Eden's Make It Yours Day, I came across a tutorial for the cutest necklace on Yellow Blackbird.  Aubree is super talented and shared a wonderful step-by-step tutorial for an Anthro necklace that I LOVE.  You can go here to check out her tutorial and her fun blog.  Thanks for the inspiration, Aubree!  I love my necklace and now I am going to buy more ribbon, jewels, and chains to make these for friends and family.  Mine is a little different from Anthropologie's version, but their necklace retails for $278 and mine for just $6!  Can't beat that!

Anthropologie's Accordion Necklace...beautiful, but REALLY expensive and way over my budget at $278...


My version...still beautiful (to me) and way under budget at $6...


I still need to fix one of the unfinished ends and I didn't add jewels to this one since it was practice.

Here is what it looks like on...
To say I love it is an understatement! I am ecstatic about the way it turned out - and it was only my first one! It took about an hour from start to finish, but I had to get the lacing technique down pat.  I think I could knock the next one out in 30 minutes.  So easy and so chic!

Thanks again, Aubree, from Yellow Blackbird, for the tutorial and inspiration!

Sara

3 comments:

  1. I love it! You did a wonderful job! I am so glad to know that someone used my tutorial! I am going to feature you on my Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great knock-off. Love the rich blue - perfect with your outfit!!

    ReplyDelete