Monday, February 28, 2011

Organizing the Kitchen Office Area

When we were designing our kitchen, I knew that I wanted a small corner to be dedicated to an office space/mail hub.  I am so glad we have this in our kitchen and it is an area of our home that is always getting tweaked and organized. 



After living here for almost a year, I finally decided to organize the cabinets so I could easily find anything I needed.  One side was organized for office supplies and the other for small tools, meds, and basically junk drawer material that needed a home.  I hit up the dollar store and found cute little blue and green containers - 4 for $1.00! You can't beat that!  I love the dollar store for organizational containers, and they have so many fun cute colors and shapes!  Perfect for an organizing freak like myself.  No before picture, because I am so impatient and just jump right into a task.  So, here is the after! 

This is the office side - extra envelopes, pens, markers, pencils, sticky notes, etc.  are all stored in the left-side cabinet.  I didn't get a picture, but I also have greeting cards and blank stationary in the top cabinet. 





I printed out sticker labels and used a cute font from this website - Fonts for Peas .  Amanda is super talented and so sweet to share all of these cool fonts.  You can download them in a zip file - there are so many to choose from!  She also has great tips for customizing your blog.  I love her site!

Here is the right side of the cabinet.  Nothing super exciting, just neater and organized...


Thanks for stopping by!  I am going to be posting a couple of my favorite yummy appetizer recipes tomorrow!

Sara

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! Some of our cabinets sure could use an overhaul. I LOVE the Dollar Store too for this kind of stuff.

    Hope you are all well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you liked my tutorial for the Anthro necklace. If you post it on your blog let me know. I want to see it!

    Aubree from Yellow Blackbird

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the organization and the pretty work area!
    Thanks for stopping by with your sweet comments. Great idea to add a little lamp to the bakers rack! I would have to play around with it a bit and figure out where to put it though since my phone is usually in the bottom left corner - I just took it off to "stage" my spring display! I swear I am changing things on there all the time! Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete