Sunday, January 16, 2011

Newly Painted Sideboard

I FINALLY finished the sideboard on Friday night and was able to get some pretty good pictures yesterday afternoon and this morning so you can see the transformation!  Before, it was painted red, which was nice but too dark for the dining room and a little too formal for my taste.

Here is a before picture of the dining room...


Red sideboard and red on the curtains with dark lamps.  After repainting the furniture and putting the living room curtains in this room, and two new lamps from TJ Maxx, here is the after...


The rug isn't staying.  I am hoping to find a cheap sisal rug to replace it and use this outside on our deck for the spring and summer.  Here are some more after shots...






I love the bright white in here! It really helps to lighten up the room and is a great contrast to the dark table and chairs.  If you read my previous post about painting the sideboard, I had decided to paint it blue.  Well, after 4 coats of blue paint (2 different shades) I lived with it for a couple of days and decided to just prime it and paint it white.  That way I can use it in different rooms if I decide to, and I am not stuck with a specific color scheme in the dining room. 

Now I am going to start tackling my laundry room by adding shelves and painting the room a buttery yellow.  Stay tuned and thanks for stopping by!

Linking up!

My Backyard Eden






Sara

11 comments:

  1. Looks great, love the clean white look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a transformation! I love the bright airy room!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it before, and it is lovely now also. Such a pretty piece and the room looks so bright and cheery. Great accessories. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it before...love it now!! Nice and bright now though, very airy! Can't wait to see the laundry room transformation.

    Hugs,
    Diane
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful! Then again, everything you and your mom do turn out awesome! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the light color!
    Such a lovely space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice and bright new look. Love it. You can get a good price on a sisal run on overstock.com and $2.95 for shipping. Thanks for sharing this beautiful room at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely lady, I love your room just Beautiful!! I love the black and white colors you have put together !!Im your newest follower on your lovely blog I need to come back ~~I hope you come over and see my Tablescaps I do.
    I hope you and your family have a Great Evening!! come on over Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a difference! I can't believe the change in the room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous makeover!

    You might want to consider seagrass, rather than sisal. The seagrass, in my opinion, holds up better. It is also more stain resistant than sisal. I have several, purchased at www.overstock.com. The shipping charge is below $3, sometimes only $1.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic! I love the makeover and all the light, bright and airy feeling it has now! Well done! Would love if you would share at my weekend decorating party sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete