Monday, January 10, 2011

Painting the Dining Room Sideboard

Here is a picture of the dresser I painted red at my old house and am now using as a sideboard in my dining room in the new house.  The full post is here...


I love the red and I thought I would love red in my dining room, but after living with it like this for 8 months, I realize I don't really like it for the space.  My living room, dining room, and kitchen are all open with columns separating the rooms.  Since I have mainly creams and blues in the kitchen and living room I decided to paint this dresser a dark blue.  I started painting this weekend and used Benjamin Moore's Tranquil Blue.




I am not very happy with the color, so during my son's naptime today I am putting on another (and hopefully final) coat of blue that is a shade darker - Majestic Blue.






I can't wait to show off the final product! I got TJ Maxx gift cards for Christmas and used some of the money to buy two new lamps to go on the sideboard and brighten up the space.  We use our dining room for dinner during the week so taking it from red to blue should cut down on the formality of the space, since we don't use it like a formal dining room.  

Stay tuned for new pictures that I can hopefully post tomorrow, since it is oil-based paint and takes 24 hours to dry completely. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Sara

2 comments:

  1. I really like the new color. I think it will look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the red sideboard. I actually just featured it on my blog. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete