So, I found this pretty blue/green silkish (I know this isn't a word) fabric for $7.99/yd. at my fabric store.
Seven yards of fabric, and I had no earthly idea what I was going to do. After the fabric stayed folded up on the bed for a few days, I decided to buy some covered button kits and curtain rings. I've always loved the look of covered buttons, but had no idea how to do them. (By the way, it's very simple).
(For all of you professional decorators out there, please avert your eyes, because I had no idea what I was doing.) I started by laying my fabric right side up and folding over 13".
I then folded approximately 3" under and join this together at the top.
I added ring clips (which holds all the fabric together), hot glued the covered buttons (using the clips as a guide).
I didn't hem these curtains - just let them puddle on the floor. Because of the sun pouring in this room, I couldn't get a good picture of the full-length curtain. You can see in the picture at the window seat where the curtains just rest on the cushion. This was a new-sew project (love my hot -glue gun).
This is the room most of my children and family like to sleep in when they come. I've tried to make it comfy and cozy. Hope you like it!
Linking up to ASPTL's DIY Day!
And one more!