Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Closet Turned Craft Area

Time for one more redo at my house and then my daughter will be posting about decorating her son's big boy room!

This is a big walk-in closet that I decided to make into a craft area.  It had become a holding space for all my decorating knick-knacks and over time it became unorganized.  I wanted a space dedicated to my crafts - painting, sewing, wrapping presents, etc.  So, here are some before pictures...



After cleaning everything out, I was left with a blank slate...



I made some cute panels for the windows with fabric I bought at a yardsale.  The whole bolt of fabric was $5 and I knew it would be fun and whimsical for a craft space!




Next, I created a memo board with some extra scraps of fabric.  This is how it's done.  First, you need a bulletin board and scraps of two different fabrics.  I tore mine into long strips because I like the raveled edges



Then, you take one set of strips and staple them to the board, making sure to pull the fabric taut and stapling it to the back of the board.


Next, take the second set of strips, staple and weave through the fabric already stapled to the board.  Staple these strips just like the first set. I don't have pictures of this step, but maybe the finished product will give you an idea.  

Now, here is the rest of the room!


So much better!  Stay tuned for a big boy room reveal in the next few days!  Thanks for stopping by!


Linking up to Make it Yours Day at My Backyard Eden 
Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

Wanda

4 comments:

  1. What a neat and tidy space! Love it!

    Following you from My Backyard Eden!

    Hope to see you soon at www.doodlebugdezigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I wish I had an extra space to turn into such a cute craft area. Love the bulletin board too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great space! So well organized! This reminds me that I need to go through my craft items!

    ReplyDelete