Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sara's House at Christmas!

You've seen my mom's house at Christmas here, so now it is time to take a look at my Christmas decorations! Since my living and dining areas are one room there are not quite as many rooms to decorate and our house is small, so here goes...

First we will start in the kitchen...The sink and a small part of the counter were really the only spots to decorate in here, because we have very little counterspace in our galley kitchen! The ornament hanging from the mirror over the sink says "hope" and I found it at Wal-Mart for $1! I found another one that says "peace" and I hung it in front of another mirror that you will see shortly- I think they are so cute!

Now, into the living room...

I now see that the swags above my entries are soooo not level...nice...

The "Peace" ornament is hanging in front of the mirror above...

We don't have a mantle so I had to get creative and hang our stockings from the console table by the tree...
Now the dining table and foyer...


This is the mirror on the wall above the dining table - for the life of me I couldn't get a good picture without the flash so it looks awful in this pic!



So, in a nutshell that is it. Next year in our new house there will be a lot more to decorate and I will have more than one tree! I can't wait! Hope you enjoyed the tour!


I am linking this post to all of the same parties that my mom's post is linked to... click here and you can see all of the linky parties we are a part of at the bottom of that post!

Sara

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, your tree is gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you decorate in the kitchen - what a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! I love that wreath above the sink! And your tree is gorg! Also love the wreaths on the shades!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is beautiful! I love all your decor! It looks wonderful! merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is so pretty! I think you actually have the "right" amount of lights. :) I nearly keeled over stringing mine on and there aren't nearly enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree is lovely. I really like the beaded ornaments in the glass hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Holidays! Love the extra lighting in the kitchen - it looks great and I love the wreath 'thing' above the sink...Your tree is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete