Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Some More Before and After

I put up pictures of our deck makeover a while ago and I promised pictures of the rest of the house before we moved in, so here you go! Living/dining room, powder room and master bath for now. Hopefully I can finish my bedroom furniture before we move and put those up, too.

Sorry for the pictures ahead of time. I have a really hard time taking pictures in my house - the light is never right, it seems!

The old living room...


The living and dining rooms are one big room...



Living/dining room after...


The powder room... Doesn't everyone love 80's wallpaper?


Powder room now...


The master bathroom...Ewww, is all I have to say.


The master bath now...




The kitchen - white tile floors with white grout is NEVER a good idea...oh, and white countertops...




The kitchen now...


Overall, the makeover has been mostly cosmetic - painting and changing out hardware. Since we knew we wouldn't be in this house for more than a few years, we didn't do any big structural makeovers. We are so excited to be moving into our new home in a few months, but we have made this house a home and we have a lot of great memories here.

I am participating in Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch


And at DIY day at A Soft Place to Land
DIY Day @ ASPTL

5 comments:

  1. Looks outstanding...love the color you painted in the kitchen. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so good! I love the soft blues and neutrals in the family room and kitchen. You must just look around and smile. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice changes. My favorites are the first bathroom and the paint in the kitchen. Yummy. (I think it's so adorable mom & daughter are blogging together :) ). My oldest daughter has her own blog.
    @cheapchichome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete